This course is organised by Chalmers University of Technology and Lund University. The aim of the course is that the participants should develop further knowledge and understanding of ITS from different perspectives. The participants should, after completing the course, be able to:
Introduction to ITS
• Provide an account of different definitions of ITS, as well as discuss and assess the consequences that these different definitions may have on the analysis, development, and/or evaluation of ITS.
• Describe, discuss, and critically assess the motives behind the emergence of ITS from different perspectives.
• Describe and analyse the present situation (state‐of‐the‐art) of ITS research including research questions, methods and results.
• Discuss and position their own research in relation the present situation (state‐of‐the-art) of ITS research.
• Provide an account of, and in relation to development work, analyse and assess the prerequisites for and obstacles of successful development and implementation of ITS.
Previous courses: 2015.
Next course: Starting March 2017.
Course plan: 10 credits, more information see ITS introduction course
Contact: Stig Franzén, Chalmers University of Technology.
MariAnne Karlsson, Chalmers University of Technology.
András Várhelyi, Lund University.