ITS Sweden in brief
Established in 1999
All transport modes
Turnaround appr. 1,5 million Euro per year
ITS = Intelligent transport systems and services combines information- and communication techniques, and is used in the development towards a more efficient, safe and sustainable transportation solution
ITS-Sweden shall develop, support and coordinate ITS-development in Sweden.
ITS-Sweden shall be national unique and of High international interest.
Our mission is to:
- Work towards technological and industrial development of ITS in Sweden
- Support education with the aim to raise awareness of ITS in the country
- Provide a forum for consultation and cooperation between different actors in the ITS in the country
- Ensure that Swedish know-how and expertise is claimed in the international context
- Representing the Swedish ITS sector in international cooperation agencies
- Coordinate Swedish actors in the international exhibitions in order to create greater momentum
- Supporting and coordinating the implementation of conferences and seminars within ITS
Some groups that we represent Sweden:
- Chairman of TK 255 (standard of road information)
- Secretary Stockholm Group (Coordinating with 7 EU ministries within EFC)
- Board of Directors of the ITS World Congress
- Chairman Euro Regional projects nordic
- Congress champion for congresses for the network of National ITS Organizations
- Member of Ertico Policy Advisory Board for ITS Congresses
As a member of ITS Sweden, you have the opportunity to influence the ITS development,
both in Sweden and internationally.